ss16 (4mm) Swarovski No Hotfix Flatback Crystals
Wholesale pack of SS16 4mm Swarovski Flatbacks are a very popular sized Swarovski crystal. Due to their diamond like qualities they are used by fashion designers throughout the world as well as dress makers, bridal designers, couture houses, dancers, ice skaters, performers and individuals wanting to embellish their garments with Swarovski Elements. These Swarovski crystals have a high lead content which makes them heavier than standard glass crystals and also increases the index of refraction, which in turn makes them sparkly like diamonds when they come into contact with light.
A very popular application choice for many is customising Converse and Vans trainers and boots, whilst a popular wardrobe choice why not make yours stand out from the crowd?
How to apply crystals to Converse Boots:
- Crystal Parade would strongly recommend that you use Swarovski NO hotfix crystals, size SS16 (4mm) to embellish your Converse and Vans.
- You will need to apply the crystals using E6000 glue, a 5oz tube will be plenty for a pair of converse boots.
- When applying the crystals we suggest that you use sandpaper (or similar) to make the rubber slightly rough
- Use a surgical spirit or acetone (non oil based) to wipe over the rubber toe.
- Apply a small amount of the E6000 glue (we don’t suggest that you cover the whole of the toe in glue, a small area at a time would be best) and allow it to become slightly sticky (approx. 15 seconds) and then apply the crystals.
- We would recommend that you purchase the Jewel Setter as this enables you to pick up the crystals easily without getting the crystals or your fingers sticky.
- Finally, allow up to 24 hours for the glue to dry before wearing the boots.
Click here for an update on how leading designers have been inspired by Swarovki Elements