ss16 (4mm) Swarovski Hotfix Flatback Crystals
We strive to always keep stock of wholesale packs in Clear, AB and a selection of the best-selling colours. Some items will be purchased to order so please allow up to 5 days for delivery. If you would like to know product availability before ordering, please call us on 01926 484214.
Swarovski SS16 (4mm) wholesale pack of 1440 flatback crystals also know as rhinestones, gems, diamantes and sequins. The ss16 flatback crystal is ideal and very popular for applying to dance and stage costumes as well as wedding dresses, bridal gowns, evening dresses, gym wear, day wear. Many stylists use Swarovski hotfix crystals for their designs on the catwalk and red carpet.f
Iron-on Method - Heat Application
Hotfix is the adhesive located on the back of the flatback crystal. The Hotfix Rhinestone is ideal for applying to fabrics including denim, silk, satin, cotton, lycra, polyester and velvet..
- Pre-heat your iron to the chosen fabric, please read the garments label first to prevent the iron becoming too hot. The temperature can range from 120ºC - 170°C (250°F - 340°F). A teflon pad on the base of the iron will help protect the sole plate from glue residue.
- Please do not use steam on your iron as this will have a negative effect on the application process.
- Rather than using an ironing board as the surface underneath your fabric, Crystal Parade would recommend using a hard piece of board or card as the ironing board cover can be soft; a firm and level surface is required.
- Place a piece of paper in between the item of clothing to protect it from possible marks caused by the crystals.
- Gently move the iron over the fabric first just to warm it up a little, then place the rhinestones in the design you would like.
- The Crystal Katana or jewell setter are excellent hand held tools to pick up & place the flatback crystals.
- Next please place a lightweight tea towel or hankerchief over the flatback crystal and using the iron, press down and keep moving around until the glue melts.
- You can check the flatback crystals (rhinestones) by trying to lift them with your fingernail and if they begin to lift, you will need to iron them again.
- Let them cool.
- Please take note that the Hotfix glue is not completely bonded until it has fully hardened (please allow upto 24 hours). During this period, handle the garment with care and do not wash it.
- Crystal Parade recommends that you wash your garment inside out and avoid using fabric condition in your wash.
- The ideal tool to use for applying crystal hotfix rhinestones is the Kandi Kane Hotfix Applicator wand, it is very easy to use and enables you to apply the crystal accurately and quickly without any mess. You will find the Kandi Kane Hotfix Applicator Wand in our Tools and Accessories section.
You can apply these hotfix rhinestones to Wedding Dresses, Belly Dance Costumes, Stage Costumes, Dance Costumes, Evening Gowns, Prom Dresses, Hoodies, T-shirts, Gym Wear, Handbags and accessories, belts, hats and scarves.