ss30 (6mm) Preciosa Hotfix Flatback Crystals
Preciosa ss30 small pack flatback hotfix crystals also know as iron on, rhinestones, gems, diamantes and sequins. Each ss30 hotfix flatback crystal has a glue on the back and when heat is applied the glue melts enabling you to stick on to your desired surface. The ss30 (6mm) is often applied to stage costumes and sparkle like diamonds under the stage lights. Fashion designs across the globe will incorporate crystals in their design and will look very glamorous on the red carpet.
HOW DO I APPLY HOTFIX CRYSTALS
There are several options available to enable you to apply Hotfix crystals to your chosen surface including the hotfix applicator wand, heat press and a household iron.
Iron-on Method - Heat Application Hotfix is the adhesive located on the back of the flatback crystal. The Hotfix Rhinestone is ideal for applying to fabrics including denim, silk, satin, cotton, lycra, polyester and velvet and also paper and card.
- Pre-heat your iron to the chosen fabric, please read the garments label first to prevent the iron becoming too hot. The temperature can range from 120ºC - 170°C (250°F - 340°F). A teflon pad on the base of the iron, will help protect the sole plate from glue residue.
- Please do not use steam on your iron, as this will have a negative effect on the application process.
- Rather than using an ironing board as the surface underneath your fabric, Crystal Parade would recommend using a hard piece of board or card, as the ironing board cover can be soft, a firm and level surface is required.
- Place a piece of paper in between the item of clothing, to protect it from possible marks caused by the crystals.
- Gently move the iron over the fabric first just to warm it up a little then place the rhinestones in the design you would like.
- The Crystal Katana or jewel setter are useful hand held tools to pick up & place the flatback crystals.
- Next place a lightweight tea towel or hankerchief over the flatback crystal and using the iron, press down and keep moving around until the glue melts.
- You can check the flatback crystals (rhinestones) by trying to lift them with your fingernail and if they begin to lift, you will need to iron them again.
- Let them cool.
- The Hotfix glue will not completely be bonded until it has fully hardened (please allow upto 24 hours). During this period, handle the garment with care and do not wash it.
- Crystal Parade recommends that you wash your garment inside out and avoid using fabric condition in your wash.
- The ideal tool to use for applying crystal hotfix rhinestones is the Kandi Kane Hotfix Applicator wand, it is very easy to use and enables you to apply the crystal accurately and quickly without any mess. You will find the Kandi Kane Hotfix Applicator Wand in our Tools and Accessories section.
You can apply these hotfix rhinestones to embellish Ballroom and Latin dance costumes, Wedding Dresses and veils, Belly Dance Costumes, Free Style Dance Costumes, Roller Disco costumes, Ice Skating Costumes, Stage Costumes, Gymnastics Costumes, Evening Gowns, Prom Dresses, Daywear including Hoodies, T\'shirts, Gym Wear, Handbags and accessories, belts, gloves, hats and scarves.