HOW TO APPLY HOTFIX CRYSTALS
Swarovski and Preciosa Flat Back Crystals and Transfers come with a special Hotfix glue on the reverse side of the crystals to apply them quickly and easily by using heat – for example an iron without steam holes.
Swarovski´s and Preciosa’s Hotfix technology allows crystals to be applied quickly and easily using a simple ironing press or a conventional iron. Even better results can be achieved by using an iron with no steam holes in the sole plate. Transfers and Flat Back Hotfix are Swarovski crystal components which are particularly well suited to ironing.
Transfers, which come in many different motifs, as well as single flat backs hotfix can easily be ironed on fabric, for example on t-shirts or jeans. You can also create your own, individual motif on a carrier foil with flat back hotfix crystals and iron them on to fabric.
For the application with an iron, please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure that the plate of the iron has no steam outlets. Water and steam have a detrimental effect on the results. Always iron on a level, firm, stable surface.
- Choose an iron temperature between 120°C and 170°C (250°F – 340°F), or use an iron setting between one and two points, or choose the symbol for silk/wool or a similar moderate temperature. A Teflon pad will protect the plate from glue residues.
- If necessary, tuck a piece of thick paper into the item of clothing to protect it from indentation marks caused by crystal elements.
- Put the iron directly on the transfer (turn inside out) and apply moderate pressure without moving the iron.
- To finish, let the piece cool down and then carefully remove the transparent foil.
HOW TO APPLY NO HOTFIX CRYSTALS
Gluing Preciosa and Swarovski No Hotfix Crystals adds a sparkle to a wide range of materials such as metal, wood, glass, plastic, cork, etc. Swarovski & Preciosa Flat Back No Hotfix Crystals come with a flat back side which are ideal for gluing.
- The surfaces to be glued must be clean, dry and free from oil or grease.
- Add an appropriate quantity of glue to the two surfaces to be glued and place them together exerting a light pressure.
- Remove any surplus glue with a dry cloth.
- Reseal the tube and store in a cool dry place.
APPLICATION OF FLAT BACK NO HOTFIX CRYSTALS
You can use flat back no hotfix crystals for gluing onto gemstones, metal, plastic, wood and many other materials. Always make sure that the surface is clean and that you use the correct amount of glue. Use tweezers or a wax stick for applying the stone to the surface.
- The surface must be cleaned properly before gluing.
- The glue should be applied with a dispenser.
- Pick up the stone with the tweezers.
- Carefully place the stone in the correct position and press it down gently.
CREATING MOTIFS WITH FLAT BACKS NO HOTFIX
To use Flat Back No Hotfix in combination with a special foil for motifs to decorate accessories, for example, follow these easy steps:
- Peel off the white protective film and position the flat backs with the flat side upwards on the carrier foil for your own motif.
- Apply the correct amount of glue.
- Position the motif on the pre-treated and clean surface.
- To keep the motif even, spread a soft cloth over it and then weigh it down.
- After the glue has hardened, you can remove the transparent film.